Sunday, June 8, 2008

Who would wear this shoe?

This is an actual poster at the bus stop across from the apartment where we stayed in Lyon. Ally pointed it out to me the day it went up. Since then, I've seen a number of examples.

Lacoste is a French sportswear brand that wants to you to forget its long association with the Izod line and instead see it as an elite luxury mark associated with the glorious tradition of tennis and people who can afford to be really good at it.

Notice the shoes being worn by the man on the left. (If you click the picture, it gets bigger. Also check out this version at Lacoste's website.)

Huh? What man is going to wear those shoes? A woman, sure. And I can also easily imagine a woman wearing the flats in the middle, and a man or woman wearing the shoes the fellow on the right has on. But, seriously, are any men going to wear this shoe? (Am I missing something? Is that actually a woman? Have they deliberately put a woman's feet on a man's body?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't get those shoes on the left. It looks like a ribbon wraps around the ankle and you still have to TIE it. You don't even get the benefit of "girl" shoes, I mean slip on shoes.