Although since the nineteenth century it has been said that good Americans go to Paris when they die, I don't think this can refer to Paris in the summer, unless the heat and crowd is the best Americans can possibly deserve.
Yesterday I got some work done. Sam took Eli to a couple nearby parks, which he enjoyed. We did a lot of grocery shopping, too. I went to two supermarkets and Picard, the frozen food store. For lunch I made sauce with lardons and for dinner couscous with chicken and vegetables. Then we watched some soccer. The Euro Cup is going on right now. We saw the very end of France and Romania's tie game, then watched the Dutch crush Italy. I love watching Italy lose. Italy must be the most shameful national team in Europe. Italy belongs in South America.
Today there was supposed to be a strike affecting transportation and possibly the archives in which Ally does her research. The former did, indeed, occur, but the archives were not perceptibly affected. Eli, Sam, and I stayed in our neighborhood.
Eli's been getting up at six. That's okay as long as he doesn't move it any earlier. He's been napping about two hours a day.
I made us sandwiches for lunch. I'm going to figure dinner out now.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment